The VIII International School on Spent Nuclear Fuel Management of Power reactors for Young Professionals is organized by State Atomic Energy Corporation “Rosatom” in cooperation with the IAEA. This 5-days education & training event is a unique international educational experience aimed at improvement leadership competencies for supporting the development of national spent nuclear fuel management programmes.
This School is focused on specific features of Anticipating Challenges for Accident Tolerant Fuels and Small Modular Reactor Fuel Cycles and oriented to young professionals with managerial potential from the IAEA Member States, to provide them with a comprehensive understanding of key issues and challenges associated with SNF of SMRs and spent nuclear accident tolerant fuel.
The School will be held online. Detailed schedule with reports to be finalized after collecting and approval of applications, in order to synchronize working time options for speakers and participants.
- Activities of the State Atomic Energy Corporation Rosatom: current
state, challenges, prospects and projects;
- Trends in Spent Fuel Management Worldwide. On-going IAEA
Activities to Addressed Related Challenges;
- SMR projects and types of SMRs fuel;
- The issues of SNF management of SMRs: storage, transportation,
- The issues of spent nuclear accident tolerant fuels management:
storage, transportation, reprocessing, disposal;
- The problems and challenges for management of SNF from SMRs
and spent ATFs.
Application should be submitted to Mr Sergey SOLOVYEV (Rosatom Technical Academy): SVSolovyev@rosatomtech.ru
The School is free of charge for all selected participants.
The working language of the Sсhool will be English and Russian
- Assured acceptance application: July 30, 2020
- Extended selection-based acceptance: August 28, 2020