EMSNE – European Master of Science in Nuclear Engineering
The European Master of Science in Nuclear Engineering (EMSNE) is a Certificate delivered by the European Nuclear Education Network Association, with the endorsement of all its members, in order to certify the highest quality standards of Nuclear Engineering Education and the European dimension pursued achieved by the EMSNE laureate.
Summary of the requirements:
- At least 5 years university education (3+2, 4+1, or 5).
- At least 60 ECTS must be “purely nuclear”
- 20 ECTS must be obtained from a “foreign” (different country) institution, member of the ENEN Association
- Master thesis
List of topics “purely nuclear”:
- Reactor engineering
- Reactor physics
- Nuclear thermal hydraulics
- Safety and reliability of nuclear facilities
- Reactor engineering materials
- Radiology and radiation protection
- Nuclear fuel cycle and applied radiochemistry…
For more information see the detailed description and by-laws.
DETAILED DESCRIPTION AND BY-LAWS
Upon advice of the Teaching and Academic Affairs Committee, the Board of Governors of the European Nuclear Education Network in its meeting in Munich on March 4, 2005 approved these by-laws for the European Master of Science in Nuclear Engineering Certification issued by the European Nuclear Education Network.
Most of the students who have successfully finished the EMINE Master degree and all those who participated in EUJEP-1 or EUJEP-2 exchange programmes are, in principle, eligible for the EMSNE certification.
The objectives of the European Master of Science in Nuclear Engineering framework are:
- to certify and secure the highest stardarts of Quality in the Nuclear Education in Europe combining the joint state-of-the-art know-how of the European universities,
- to ensure the highest Quality of Training provided to European Nuclear students by full use of the unique nuclear research and industrial facilities throughout Europe, towards analytic, resourceful and inventive nuclear engineering,
- to encourage and develop a common Nuclear Safety Culture throughout Europe,
- to foster the international exchanges to create a network of nuclear engineers and scientists of different nationalities, aiming to promote the contact and collaboration between students from several countries with different educational views, different nuclear reactor technologies, and different nuclear policies.
STEPS TO APPLY FOR THE EMSNE CERTIFICATE
- Fill in the application form
- Pay the application fee 100 Euro. to the following account:
Beneficiary: European Nuclear Education Network
Bank: ING BELGIUM NV/SA
IBAN: BE84 3631 8161 5059
- 31 January 2022 – deadline for application (possible extension of 2 weeks)
- 14-28 February 2022 – TAAC committee meetings to select the students
- 4 march 2022 t.b.c. – names of selected students communicated at ENEN General Assembly
- 11 March 2022– inform the students about selection process outcome
“Exact date and location of the EMSNE 2022 ceremony will be given in March 2022.”
ATTEND TO THE EMSNE CEREMONY
Each year the laureates receive the EMSNE Certification diplomas in a relevant ceremony. The last years this ceremony as been held, with the support of the IAEA Nuclear Knowledge Management section, as a side event of the IAEA General Conference, in Vienna, Austria.
Ceremony in 2021: was held during the NESTet2021 Conference, as an online session.
Ceremony in 2020: did not take place due to the COVID-19 pandemic, diplomas have been sent via post
Ceremony in 2019: EMSNE Event 2019 was held at the IAEA with the laureates participation in the International Conference on Climate Change and the Role of Nuclear Power.
It is becoming a tradition that the following day after the EMSNE ceremony the laureates are invited to a technical visit related with Nuclear. The last two years we have had the opportunity of visiting Zwentendorf NPP, a nuclear power plant which was finished but never operated.
DISPLAY YOUR EMSNE CERTIFICATION IN YOUR LINKEDIN PROFILE
Now you can display the reference of your EMSNE Certification inside your professional page in LinkedIn.
INSTRUCTIONS: Enter the following data in your LinkedIn page, in the “Certifications” section:
- Certification Name: European Master of Science in Nuclear Engineering EMSNE
- Certification Authority: European Nuclear Education Network Association