ANENT Asian Network
Asian Network for Education in Nuclear Technology
AIM OF THE NETWORK
The Asian Network for Education in Nuclear Technology (ANENT) was established to assist the member countries in building capacity and develop human and scientific infrastructure through co-operation in education, nuclear knowledge management and related research and training in nuclear technology in the Asian region by utilizing the e-learning platform and advanced Information and Communication Technology (ICT) particular through:
- Sharing nuclear information and knowledge relevant to nuclear education and training;
- Providing expert assistance and review services to members as needed;
- Serving as facilitator for communication between ANENT members and other regional and global networks.
The Asian Network for Education in Nuclear Technology (ANENT) is a regional partnership, supported by the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), for cooperation in capacity building, human resource development and knowledge management in nuclear science and technology. ANENT strives to promote, manage and preserve nuclear knowledge to ensure the continued availability of qualified human resources in the region for the sustainability of nuclear technology and to prepare newcomer countries to commence nuclear power programmes.
The use of nuclear technology for peaceful purposes in the Asian region will depend inter alia on its ability to meet the national socio economic needs and sustainable development goals. This is especially important in view of the growing energy needs, and the need for improving the quality of life without enhancing the environmental burden. Critical to the development and wider use of nuclear technology in both power and non-power applications will be the availability of “soft infrastructure”, qualified human resource, information, knowledge, skills and experience.
The Asian Network for Education in Nuclear Technology (ANENT) is a regional partnership supported by the IAEA for cooperation in capacity building, human resource development and knowledge management in nuclear science and technology. ANENT strives to promote, manage and preserve nuclear knowledge to ensure the continued availability of qualified human resources in the region for the sustainability of nuclear technology and to prepare newcomer countries to commence nuclear power programmes.
The strategy of ANENT rests upon the principles of cooperation and sharing of information and knowledge for capacity building as part of nuclear infrastructure development and better use of available resources.
- Integrate available educational resources in synergy with existing nuclear knowledge based networks both within and outside the region.
- Promote the utilization of the ANENT E-learning platform for education and training making optimum use of information technology.
- Facilitate the experienced nuclear professionals to share their expertise with the younger generation and help attract talented youth to the nuclear profession in view of alternate competing career options.
Activity 1 e-Learning Platform Development
- Operate, maintain and develop the ANENT Web-system
- Establish and provide web-based network to support all ANENT activities
Activity 2 Utilization of Platform
- Organize the national/ regional training courses on specific topics
- Provide the feedbacks on utilization of e-Learning Platform
Activity 3 Education Material Development
- Define subjects of common interest such as:
– Nuclear energy
– Human health
– Safety culture
– Public outreach
- Conduct knowledge mapping under different area
- Develop Nuclear Education and Training Database
- Inventory, collect and prepare e-Learning material
Activity 4 Enhance Nuclear Knowledge Management (NKM) systems in Member States
- Assist newcomer countries to NPP in introducing and enhancing NKM system
- Organize the workshops and training course on NKM
- Facilitate NKM expert mission
Activity 5 Liaison and Communication
- Support International Community of Practice (ICoP)
- Establish and update information exchange system among the ANENT members through the ANENT Web-Portal
- Share information, public awareness and outreach activities with other networks