IAEA - Nuclear Knowledge Management
IAEA & ENEN – PRACTICAL ARRANGEMENTS
In 2016, the International Atomic Energy Agency and the European Nuclear Education Network renewed the Practical Arrangements signed with the Department of Nuclear Energy, having the Nuclear Knowledge Management Section as contact point for the collaboration work.
This Practical Arrangements aim to improve the cooperation in the area of regional networking for research, education, training, and outreach in nuclear science and technology. They were initially signed in 2009 and renewed in 2013 and 2016.
- Promoting high quality nuclear education and academic and scientific research;
- Promoting nuclear knowledge management, human resources development and capacity building in the Area through regional networking;
- Sharing information and material in the Area between the Parties and disseminating them for the benefits of students and professionals in Member States;
- Exploring opportunities to promote, discuss and coordinate activities between the parties and the results thereof;
- Exploring opportunities to participate jointly in activities such as meetings, symposia, workshops, summer schools and internships;
- Promoting the exchange of teachers and students in the Area;
- Exploring opportunities for developing and sharing joint publications and material including e-learning contents;
- Promoting the usage of e-learning methods and tools, and in general; and
- Promoting collaboration between ENEN and its members, and the IAEA’s Regional networks (ANENT, LANENT, and AFRA-NEST), and its members.
Practical Arrangements signing at the Nuclear Knowledge Management Section, IAEA, in 2013.
from left to righ:
Prof. Javier Dies, Vice-President of ENEN
Prof. Walter Ambrosini, President of ENEN
Dr. Alexander V. Bychkov, Deputy General Director of IAEA
Dr. John de Grosbois, Head of NKM Section IAEA
First signing event of the Practical Arrangements at the IAEA in 2009
from left to righ:
Prof. Joseph Safieh, President of ENEN
Dr. Yuri A. Sokolov, Deputy General Director of IAEA