A global nuclear science and engineering commencement
Thursday, 27 August 2020 at 13:00 Paris time
Are you a graduating student of 2020 or 2021?
The graduating classes of 2020 and 2021 are experiencing a unique time in history. Due to the ongoing Coronavirus (COVID‑19) pandemic, many students may not be receiving traditional ceremonies and festivities, and are transitioning or attempting to transition to professional careers at a time of great uncertainty and economic upheaval.
In this context and with the support of the European Nuclear Education Network (ENEN), the NEA is organising an online event to celebrate and recognise the accomplishments of the graduating classes of 2020 and 2021, especially those within the nuclear science and technology fields.
- Welcoming remarks: William D. Magwood, IV, NEA Director-General
- Keynote: Rita Baranwal, Assistant Secretary for Nuclear Energy, United States Department of Energy (DOE)
- Charge to the graduates: Anne White, Professor and Head of Nuclear Science and Engineering, SoE Distinguished Professor of Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
- Chris Levesque, President and Chief Executive Officer of TerraPower
- Joerg Starflinger, ENEN President and Executive Director of the University of Stuttgart Institute of Nuclear Technology and Energy System (IKE)
- Katie Mummah, MS Class of 2020 and PhD student in Nuclear Engineering and Physics at University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Haruka Okazaki, undergraduate nuclear engineering student at the University of Fukui Graduate School of Engineering
The event is free and open to nuclear science and engineering students, faculty and young professionals worldwide, as well as to the interested members of the public. Please note that the number of participants is limited and registrations will be handled on a first‑come, first‑served basis.
Students, let’s make you visible for worldwide nuclear employers!
Graduates and students will be offered the possibility to make their resume and skills listed for recruiters on the ENEN+ platform, an initiative supported by the European Commission (EC) under grant no. 755576. For this, we need your details and acceptance to publish your data. Please access the following link to provide the necessary information.