Award description and purpose can be found at: http://www.snetp.eu/apply-now-for-the-snetp-young-generation-award/
- The awards will help successful candidates who seek to enlarge their network of professional contacts and develop international collaboration through working on their subject with experts and professionals across borders, to fund their travel, accommodation and food-related costs.
- Three awards will be distributed during the forum, based on the presentations competition: the winning award of €5000, the second-ranked award of €3000 and the third-ranked award of €1000.
- The ranking will be decided by the jury following project presentations during the forum.
1. A (simple) 1-page application form including:
- Basic information about the applicant (short bio, 500 words max)
- Short description of the research work, coursework or subject matter (500 words max)
2. Career path, including your short-term, mid-term and long-term career goals, your targeted career field (academia, industry or international organisations), and how the applicants plans to get there (500 words max)
3. Action Plan:
- Mobility/Trip objectives and how they fit into your career path (200 words max)
- Country and institution(s), companies or organisations intended to visit and reasoning for choosing them (100 words max)
- People to get in touch with and reasons for meeting them (their relevance to your project and employment/progression goals) (100 words max)
- Expected outcome(s) and how they will advance the scientific quality of the research or subject matter, expand the candidate’s professional network and facilitate his or her employment/progression (100 words max)
- Your personal ‘project’ i.e. action plan timeline (100 words max)
4. CV (1 page max)
Award selection criteria
- Relevance of scientific work towards SNETP activities (SNETP Forum 2020 programme, SRIA, and/or roadmaps of the SNETP pillars)
- Career path
- Relevance of action plan to career path
- Costs and timing of action plan
Application submission deadline is 21 February 2020. Send your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “YG Award”.
The candidates will be notified of the results of the selection by 1 March and invited to participate in the competition during the SNETP Forum. The competition will be stated in due course but is likely to be held on either 16 or 17 September. The competition structure will consist of short 3-minute presentations by candidates to the selected judges followed by a short Q/A.
Selected candidates will be supported for their travel to and lodging in Rome (€200 for the candidates studying/working in Italy and €500 for the others) and to participate to the forum free of charge.
- Nathan Paterson (Senior Technology Advisor – FORATOM/Belgium)
- Kai Kosowski (Expert at Preussen Electra/Germany)
- Albanie Cagnac (Expert at EDF R&D/France)
- Eero Vesaoja (Head of R&D – Fortum/Finland)
- Joerg Starflinger (Vice president ENEN association)