Nuclear and Radiochemistry Summer School for 16-18 years old
Organised in the framework on the A-CINCH project, by University of Leeds
This action reflects only the author’s view and that the Commission is not responsible for any use that may be made of the information it contains.
About the Summer School
This 4 day intensive summer school is designed to give attendees an insight into careers in nuclear and radiochemistry fields.
• Lab based and VR activities including nuclear energy, nuclear waste, nuclear forensics, environmental monitoring and nuclear medicine
• A tour of the radiochemistry lab at the University of Leeds
• Panel discussion event with recent graduates in the field
• Career presentations from academics and industry experts
• Group assignments with prizes for outstanding work
• Site visit to Springfields Fuels Ltd and the National Nuclear Laboratories (NNL) facilities at Preston, UK
The summer school is intended for:
16-18 year olds from across the EU and the UK with an interest in science and in learning about the diverse careers available in nuclear and radiochemistry.
A basic of knowledge of English is required for0 all students.
The A-CINCH Summer School will take place at the University of Leeds’ School of Process and Chemical Engineering.
Accommodation is at Devonshire Hall (a student hall of residence).
Please visit https://leeds.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/a-cinch-summer-school-2022-signup-form-copy for registration
Accommodation & full board, an evening activity and a one day site visit to National Nuclear Labs (NNL)/ Westinghouse Fuels are included.
Deadline for registration: 31/05/22 (25 places max)