The course takes place at the Jožef Stefan Institute, Ljubljana, Slovenia, on December 9 – 13, 2019.
The main objectives of the Training are:
- to get familiar with the radiochemical analysis of alpha, beta and gamma emitters by radiometric techniques
- to gain understanding of basic principles of radiochemical analysis
- to get familiar with alpha, beta and gamma spectrometry
- to be able to understand radiochemical analytical procedures and apply them on practical problems
- to gain practical skills of working in radiochemistry laboratory
- to gain practical skills of handling radioactive materials.
The Hands-on training consists of an e-learning component and a practical session. The e-learning component comprises approximately of 20 hours of study and on-line quizzes and is to be completed in advance of attending the practical hands-on training session. The subsequent practical Hands-on training takes place at the Jožef Stefan Institute, Department of Environmental Sciences.
Further information on the Training can be found here.
How to apply
After the application deadline (November 4, 2019), successful applicants will be informed.
No course fee will be charged to the participants. A budget exists to support the travel costs of participants. We would like to encourage you to apply for the funds via the Travel Fund. For more information please see the Travel Fund Handbook or contact directly the Fund Operator, Teodora Retegan Vollmer, email@example.com.
Only a limited number of participants can be accepted. Admission will be based on the evaluation of CVs and Motivation Letters included in the Application form.
All teaching will be in English.
All participants have to agree that multimedia materials (photos, videos, measurement protocols etc.) created during the course could be used for educational purposes on the public CINCH Moodle platform.