Pitch Your Generation IV Research Competition
CALLING ALL JUNIOR RESEARCHERS!
- Are you a current PhD student or did you complete your PhD after January 1, 2019?
- Is your research related to Generation IV Advanced Nuclear Energy systems?
- Can you explain your research in three minutes?
If you answered yes to those questions, you are eligible for the Pitch your Gen IV Research Competition
The event will be ONLINE and FREE OF CHARGE!
In order to enter the competition, participants are required to submit a one-page executive summary of their research.
A panel of experts (GIF Jury) will review the submittals and select up to 25 outstanding research projects based on their relevance to the GIF mission, originality, and significance. Selected participants (finalists) will then be required to record a 3-minute video pitch in March 2021. The recorded videos will be publicly posted (e.g., YouTube) for 30 days to allow worldwide viewing and voting. The public viewing of the pitches will begin in April 2021. The GIF Jury will also judge the video pitches based on their creativity, communication effectiveness, and technical quality. The best pitches will be selected based on (1) the GIF Jury and (2) the popular voting.
Winners will be selected in both the popular vote category and the GIF Jury category. Winners will be announced in May 2021.
• GIF Jury Category
The first-place winner will be:
(1) invited to present a webinar in 2021 as part of the GIF Education and Training Working Group webinar series, and
(2) invited to attend the next GIF Symposium planned in 2022 (travel expenses will be reimbursed on the OECD NEA basis).
The second-place winner will be:
(1) invited to present a GIF webinar in 2022, and
(2) invited to attend a future GIF meeting in their region.
• The Popular Vote Category
The winner – Audience Favorite – will be invited to present a GIF webinar in 2022.
February 1, 2021 – Executive summary submission opens
February 28, 2021 – Executive summary submission closes (no extension)
Mid March, 2021 – Finalists’ selection is completed
March 28, 2021 – Video submission are due (no extension)
April 1, 2021 – Popular voting begins
April 30, 2021 – Popular voting ends
May, 2021 – Winners are announced
You can apply between February 1, 2021 and February 28, 2021 by submitting an executive summary of your research.
More information can be found: HERE